xc Worm Farming

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Since we have put the worms in the wormery (and outside) it has been raining most of the time. In the wild (apparently) when it rains, worms come to the surface to avoid drowning. Our worms are doing this too and when I remove the lid, there are loads of them stuck to the inside of it. The instruction book advises to remove them from the lid and place them back in the wormery (and back to work eating our rubbish).

I must admit (somewhat reluctantly) that handling worms does not come easy to me. Not wishing to transfer this irrational 'discomfort' to our daughter, I steel myself and in the face of Abi's aparent horror, claim "what's the matter? why don't you like them? they're friendly, they're eating our rubbish for us!". I am all smiles and have a voice that is pitched rather too high. Abi is 3 years old and not to be fooled by my unconvincing charade. She nobly declares however that next time she may "hold a baby one".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home