xc Worm Farming: Come back worms!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Come back worms!

As we wait (with crossed fingers!) for the worms to repopulate the wormery, we are REALLY missing it! Starting to realise just how much organic waste we put in the wormery, seems tragic to be throwing it in the bin!

Have been distributing worm wee among allotment owning friends and await to hear about their experiences with it.

I have planted about 10 corn on the cob plants, half of which I am feeding with worm wee and half not, will post pictures soon.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hi

I've just found your blog - I am interested in wormeries. I have looked into this a number of times but can never come to a conclusion about it.

I don't want to 'farm' - but would like to produce worms/compost firstly to use but also that I might be able to sell on - certainly not on any large scale.

I'm assuming you're using one of these wormeries that look like black cauldrons with shelving?

I'll be interested to see how you get on - I inherited a boxed in area where all my kitchen scraps get trashed - it produces fantastic compost and I realised that it was full of worms - thats what gave me the idea - thing I inherited it - have never looked after it or done anything you're supposed to and it thrives. The moment I start trying to 'do' it you just know those babies are gonna die!!

Heather

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home