xc Worm Farming: Slowly, slowly...

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Slowly, slowly...

The majority of the worms are still in the lowest level but a few are starting to migrate up to level two. I'm putting minimal amounts of waste into the wormery and am a bit dissapointed at the amount that I am able to recycle in this way. Have noticed however lots of baby sized worms appearing, so they seem to be reproducing which must be a good sign. Maybe they will speed up a bit getting through the waste. I have got about 40 litres of worm wee! (organic plant food). Must talk to allotment friends about taking it off my hands! If anyone is interested in having some, please post here!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to find you (via the archives of Wiggly Wigglers)! I too have decided to start over with a new batch of worms, after my worms decided to trade places with a population of mealworms. No idea how/why this happened - one day there were some worms, the next day there were millions of mealworms, with no redworms left to be found! I do think I made the same mistake you did, removing the first compost batch too soon. Also I'm concerned about the pH, and about having let it dry out too much once, during our Florida summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home